Learning With Us
We want you to enjoy our sites and learn from them. We give you permission to use the sites and the content in exchange for accepting our terms and complying with them.
Content that is available on our sites may be either free or require that you pay for the right to access. Whether the content is free or purchased, we give you the right to use it in the following ways (in legal speak we give you a revocable, non-exclusive license to do the following things).
- use the effects and techniques demonstrated in the content, and the knowledge you learn, for personal or commercial purposes, without needing to say where you learned it (attribution);
- use, modify and manipulate assets made available like source files but only for your own personal, educational purposes and without redistributing them.
Helping to Keep Our Free Content Free
We don’t charge you to access the free content, but we do use some common strategies to help us pay our contributors to create such great educational resources—these might include affiliate programs, sponsored posts, advertising and so on.
Some of these relationships, such as affiliate programs, might mean that we receive a commission if a purchase is made from a site we link to. It is up to you to make sure that products and services of other sites we link to meet your needs, as we don’t formally endorse any products or services of these other sites. We don’t have control over anyone else’s sites so we can’t be responsible for them. But of course, we only suggest something if we think it is worthy.
You may be able to download some types of content to your computer but all content is subject to a ‘fair use’ policy. Our ‘fair use’ policy requires that your use of the site, especially content accessed by subscription, must be fair, genuine and reasonable. For example, the total amount of content you download must be reasonable in light of your actual education and learning needs, and the time needed to genuinely engage with that content. We will use our reasonable discretion to decide whether you have met our ‘fair use’ policy.
Intellectual Property Concerns
We respect the IP rights of others, including those who have been nice enough to let us use any of their material or assets on our sites. Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim about content, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a description of the location of the alleged infringing material;
- a description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed;
- a statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and your physical or valid electronic signature.
Things You Can’t Do on Our Sites
In using the sites you agree that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or materials through Emily Here;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through Emily Here (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter Emily Here’ operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine);
- use Emily Here or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, offensive, misleading, or defamatory;
- use scripts to automatically mass download content;
- insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the site or content;
- except as allowed in these terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit content, data or code on the sites.